Not like “its my life… I can’t live without it” but more like “its my life…literally I could have written this article”. Most of the buzzfeed staff live in cities like NYC so much of what they write about is relatable so when I saw this post today, I couldn’t help but think you guys might enjoy reading it and then seeing how this list has played out in my life.
So click the article and read:
Now here are 9 ways I can totally relate:
- I have paid a brokers fee to rent an apartment…something I only thought was possible when you buy real estate.
- I’ve lived in a three bedroom 1 bathroom apartment with 4 girls.
- Tiny bedroom been there.
- No closet, yep! I pulled out some pinterest skills to create hanging space.
- I have had all the laundry options: no laundry at all, laundry in the building, and laundry in unit… I prefer no laundry at all b.c its actually easier (and surprisingly affordable) to pay someone else to do it.
- #12 pretty much my exact kitchen in my first place, I had a sofa table I used for counter space.
- I’ve used a lot of duct table and screws to get my AC units into windows.
- #18 I literally spent a whole winter with my windows opened all the time! And the noises radiators make are creepy!
- Thankfully the NYC apartment search for me has been over for a while and there is nothing nightmarish about where I live now! But to all my homies still living in the chaos I haven’t forgotten you or where I came from!
**this article failed to mention bugs, crazy neighbors, weed, and times where you find fecal matter on your door step/street and I am sure the list could go on and on.