Let’s wrap up 2017 with one of my favorite things: a LIST! I love making list because, well honestly, they are easy to read! As I was listening to a podcast the other day, I was challenged to choose 18 things to do in 2018 to bring a little more happiness to my life. That got me to thinking back on this year and I wanted to share with you my top 17 moments of the year 2017.
These are in no particular order and may exclude some important moments but its the list I can think of on December 31, 2017.
- Seeing my friends Tara and Leslie baptized and listening to them share about their faith and how our New City Church family has become home to them.
- Traveling to Greece and Egypt with some great friends to celebrate the wonderful Christy Hill’s 40th birthday.
- Thanksgiving this year was such a blessing. I loved serving with New City folks at a local homeless residence and then spending the rest of the day with my fantastic friends eating some delicious food.
- Spending quality time with old friends in Owensboro, KY.
- Training other missionaries in partnership development.
- Seeing the Great Pyramids in Egypt.
- Michael and Shannon Hill moving to NYC. This family has been a great addition to my life and our ministry. And their two adorable girls are a big part of that!
- Flying over Greenland and seeing some of the most amazing white scenery I’ve ever seen.
- Walking through a difficult journey with a friend. I know this doesn’t sound like a great moment, but we are made for relationships and in the tears and heartache for this friend, I’m becoming a better me and God is using our friendship for His purposes.
- Will and Molly visiting NYC (there were some other cool visitors but these were my favorite).
- 1st Annual NYC Long Day. Although a lot of it was rained out I love starting traditions and look forward to making this a part of my summer each year.
- Celebrating 10 years of friendship with my Nashville friends.
- Closing out 5 years in NYC!
- VIP tickets to a Yankees game!
- Ringing in the new year in Times Square, something I had been trying to do since 2000.
- Coaching missionaries serving in NYC.
- And last and probably most impactful…being constantly surrounded by amazing people that push me to be the best version of me and love me even when I fail at it!
Watch for next month’s blog post where I share my 18 for 2018!